; z-index:2; top: 320; left: 1;height:45" class="title";"overflow:auto;"> South Boise GirlFree MySpace Layouts


divider graphics

About Me...


caring, sometimes a little intense, can be overly sensitive, quick to make decisions, people-oriented, hate rules, love doing the impossible, inner self...introvert(love to be home doing whatever)learned self...extrovert(take the lead, get things done), direct, authentic, assertive, kind.

Name:South Boise Girl

From:

Salt Lake by way of South Boise



divider graphics

Life or Something Like it

Evolving
This is about me evolving...or at least trying to evolve by understanding the what and why fors of my life's experiences and every other thing I've ever read, observed, listened to or in some other way internalized and digested...whether I wanted to or not!

divider graphics

My Philosophy


So it goes like it goes, like the river flows And time it rolls right on And maybe what's good gets a little bit better And maybe what's bad gets gone

divider graphics

Recent Posts


divider graphics

Friends I Visit




allsorts
allrecipes
Christensen Story
Brandon Hein
The Clair Johnson Family The Sterri Family
Becky&Greg




divider graphics

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
February 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
April 2010
June 2010
August 2010
June 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2012
March 2015
April 2015
May 2015
July 2019
August 2020

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shades of Light

I was 14 and in unbearable pain. I remember my dad cradling me in his arms as he carried me to the car in back of our home. I clearly remember, the sense of urgency in his stride, and the thought that he would make the pain stop. I don't remember the drive to the hospital.

The doctor that was called in to examine me was the head of the medical board, an excellent doctor, one my parent's knew and trusted. He concluded that I was having an appendicitis and immediately performed surgery...the appendics, though healthy, were removed. He told my parents I would be fine.

When the unbearable pain continued...Dr. Holly, (who we later found was struggling with alcoholism), justified his lack of findings, by suggesting that something real and unimaginable had happened to me, and that the pain was a symptom of not being able to accept the assault on my being. There was no question what he was implying...my father became the source of his accusations, and was banned from the hospital....an investigation ensued...

My condition worsened.

I'm told that my father, knowing that I was dying, openly wept. Not being a particularly religious man, he then did something that stunned my older sister...he knelt by his bed and prayed for direction. She said that sometime later, he walked into the living room and announced that we would be changing doctors.

The new doctor took one look at me and told my parents that the only option was to perform a second exploratory surgery in hopes of discovering the source of the pain. There were no guarantees, but without the surgery I wouldn't make it through the night.

This doctor, the one my father was guided to... was a religious man. My parents were later told, that he prayed before the surgery. Through the grace of God, he found a blockage in my lower intestine. It was the size of a man's shirt pocket, full of infection, and successfully blocking all passage of anything that entered my body.

My recovery was slow...but I did recover. A year later, I was able to return to my normal activities.

I can only imagine the agony that my father endured...being accused of what to him would be an unthinkable act, and being kept from seeing his child...yet, he did something for me, that he wouldn't do for himself...he prayed.

My memories of my father, are colored in varying shades... from light to dark...but that evening, as he carried me to the car, the light shone bright.


MKC

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home